-
November 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
#801
Inactive Member
Most mail services have a limited attachment size. Gmail's is 10 MB, I belive :/
-
November 18th, 2004, 09:06 PM
#802
HB Forum Owner
That's even too much. You should never use E-Mail to transfer larger files; in fact the file limit should be 1.2 MB. E-Mail is a shitty collection of protocols (or a collection of shitty protocols), and should be replaced with something better (which won't be hard to think of) once the big guys (i.e. decision makers, not software engineers) think they've played Solitaire enough.
One of the many reasons why it's inconvenient to mail such files is they get encoded in base 64, which enlarges the file by 33%. Another good reason not to use it is that it's not peer to peer. You're wasting many others' bandwidth and processing time, and you may also run of space in your sever. Use P2P to transfer files (note: P2P = Peer to Peer, not necessarily eMule, BitTorrent, etc., but any way of transfering data between two machines directly, both acting as equals).
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 18, 2004 05:10 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
November 18th, 2004, 10:08 PM
#803
Senior Hostboard Member
Wel G-mail is awesome tho, and thanks for the packing idea. Mel will get a package soon imo. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
November 18th, 2004, 10:21 PM
#804
HB Forum Owner
GMail is the best Email client ever, and is an awesome piece of software. Doesn't have to do with the fact that the Email system sucks because of a set of reasons, most importantly SMTP (a half assed protocol that was supposed to be used in universities alone, just to transfer stuff like "I passed, yippie").
-
November 19th, 2004, 02:30 PM
#805
Inactive Member
Do you know his Gmail address, DreamerHyper? He'll be glad to receive such massive quantity of WPP's
-
November 19th, 2004, 02:45 PM
#806
HB Forum Owner
I wouldn't waste Google's bandwidth with that... You can transfer directly to him plus getting the files instantly. I believe you had Skype.
-
November 19th, 2004, 03:34 PM
#807
Inactive Member
Mmmm... Anyway, Gmail is nice for that stuff.. Thanks Dreamer [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
November 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM
#808
Senior Hostboard Member
Yeah Mel, as soon as I can, I'll send 'em to ya, currently I'm fixin my PC which is falling apart.
-
November 24th, 2004, 05:51 PM
#809
Senior Hostboard Member
IRT OCB: Mine or Xel's?
IRT Wiser: Nah, no prob outa this, like until I don't put out naked chix0rz. It's more sweeter than offensively sexy xD. Both works for me tho.
-
November 24th, 2004, 10:35 PM
#810
Inactive Member
How the hell don you get loli shoujo-ai out of mine...?
If you were my son and had that on your BG, I'd take your CPU privileges away for awhile.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks